Holidays are the perfect time to tell family and friends you are expecting. This is a special and exciting time so why not make the announcement fun. I have come up with a few ideas on how you can tell everyone the news with a Easter twist.
1. On the outside of a egg write/paint the words “our little one” take a photo of the egg in your hands. After you have done this crack the egg and empty it, place a piece of paper inside with the words “due …” Again remember to take a photo.
2. Buy different sized chocolate eggs, two big eggs to represent daddy and mummy and a smaller egg to represent your new arrival, simply post a photo on social media and wait for people to guess your news. This is simple and effective. This idea could also be done with a soft toy such as a chick.
3. If you are into trying new things why not make your own Easter egg and inside place a piece of paper with your news and give a egg to all family and friends.
Moulds are advailble to buy in many shops including Range and Lakeland.
This morning have all instructions on how to make your own Easter eggs on their website. http://www.itv.com/thismorning/food/make-your-own-easter-eggs-paul-a-young-recipe
4. Bake a Easter cake perfect for dessert on Easter Sunday when all the family are gathered together and inside the cake have all blue or all pink mini eggs or smarties to announce the sex of the baby. Similarly if you are in the early stages you could put your 12 week scan photo inside of a plastic egg in the middle.
5. If your little one is soon to be a big brother or sister then you may wish to have them in the announcement. Dress your little one up in a cute Easter outfit maybe with bunny ears then have them hold a blackboard with the words “baby sister/brother hatching 2016”
6. Fill a Easter basket with all blue or all pink plastic eggs.
7. Paint some eggs and write mummy on one, daddy on another and your due date one the last one. Place eggs in a basket and place basket with spring flowers around, take a photo and send to family and friends.
We would love to see the outcomes from these or your own ideas.
If you would like us to do a gender reveal with a Easter twist please ring us on 07828877598.
Announced your pregnancy with an Easter twist let us know on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/photographybyfiona