Soon the children will be breaking up from school for the Easter holidays, I love this time of year and as a family we always do at least one egg hunt every year. It’s great fun and our children love it. Last year we went to Ashton Court for a hunt in the woods and then on Easter Sunday we had a hunt at home. As the children get older we have moved on to doing clues to find the eggs but when they were younger we would hide them in slightly easier places or with signs. Shops have lots of different Easter goodies.
I have gathered clues to use for a hunt around your home, as the weather is not forecast to be very good.
For younger ones
- The mail will come
Through thick and thin
Take a look
Where the letters come in.
- You’re doing so well with all this mad caper! I wonder what’s up with the toilet paper?
- I hope these riddles make you think, see what you can find near the kitchen sink.
- This one’s easy, just take a look… You’ll find the clue with your favorite book.
- Easter fun is a crowd pleaser! What you’re seeking now will be in the freezer.
- Is that all the clues?
Oh no it’s not
You’ll find your next clue
In a place that gets hot.
- Well done, that’s great!
You’re nearly there
The treats are hiding
With the things for your hair.
These are slightly harder
1. Let’s start on your egg hunt, Around the house we go But the first clue you’ll find in the shoes you wear in the snow
2. You have collected lots of you my treats, But your next clue is waiting Where you normally sit to eat.
3.You’re doing so well now let’s take a look, The next clue is somewhere, You sit and read a book.
- We’ve been from one side of the house all the way to the other, The next clue is hiding in the place that’s the best.
The place that’s cosy and helps us rest.
- You found lots of things
Just one more to go,.
I spin really fast and shuffle about
Water comes in and water goes out
Then look for a basket and stick in more But today the basket contains a new sort of thing.
Full of Easter goodies to welcome in spring!
Happy Easter, have lots of fun.